Dear Parents & Carers,
This week, the children have been busy learning many things in their lessons, as well as starting to prepare for their Christmas productions. Please note there are several exciting events happening in the upcoming weeks, and they can be found at the back of this newsletter as well as on our school website. I have listed some of the key, upcoming dates for your reference below:
- Monday 2nd December 2019—Friday 9th December—Visit from Bromley Life Bus (Permissions slips must be returned by no later than Monday 25th November. If we do not receive your completed permission slip your child WILL NOT be able to participate)
- Friday 6th December 2019 – 3:30pm (doors open) – 5:30pm Carol Concert (PTA)
- Saturday 7th December 2019 – 3:30pm – 5:00pm Choir at Big Sing (St Francis of Assisi, West Wickham)
- Monday 9th December 2019 – 9:00am Year 6 Christmas Production, 2:00pm Year 3 Christmas Production
- Tuesday 10th December 2019 – 9:00am Year 4 Christmas Production, 2:00pm Year 5 Christmas Production
- Wednesday 11th December 2019 – 9:00am Year 3 Christmas Production, 2:00pm Year 6 Christmas Production
- Thursday 12th December 2019 – School closed to children – General Election Polling Station
- Friday 13th December 2019 – 9:00am Jupiter & Saturn Christmas Production
- Friday 13th December 2019 – Christmas Fair (PTA)
- Friday 13th December 2019 – Christmas Jumper Day (£1 donation for Save The Children)
- Tuesday 17th December 2019 – 9:00am Year 5 Christmas Production, 2:00pm Year 4 Christmas Production
- Wednesday 18th December—Christmas lunch
- Thursday 19th December 2019 – Last day of term – school closes at 1:30pm
As you may be aware, the fire alarm was activated on Wednesday afternoon. This was not a planned fire drill, but it was fortunately a false alarm. The children behaved impeccably and followed their teachers’ instructions at all time, despite it being very cold outside. We, of course, waited for the fire brigade to attend site to ensure that the school building was safe for all children and staff to return back to their classrooms.
I would like to take this opportunity to address some concerns that I have received from parents in regards to the fact that their child had been made to wait outside for the duration of the fire alarm. Whilst I appreciate that it was a cold afternoon, I would like to emphasise that the safety of all children and staff is paramount and will always be my main priority in any given circumstance. We will continue to adhere to all safety & evacuation procedures, regardless of the weather conditions outside.
I would also like to remind parents/carers that the school gates are not open until 8:30am and children should not be left alone unattended.
I do hope you all have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing everyone back to school on Monday.